Easy ways to conserve water in your bathroom
FIRST, PRETEND YOU HAD TO WALK SEVERAL MILES TO GET THE WATER…..
- Keep a bucket in the bathtub to catch water as you are waiting for water to get hot, this is great for watering your plants.
- Install low flow shower heads, to converse water.
- Limit your showers to 5 minutes.
- Baths use more water than showers so try not to fill the tub more then halfway, plug the tub before turning on the water and then adjust temperature.
- Turn the faucet off while you are shaving or brushing your teeth.
- Consider a dual flush toilet, it has two settings, or two levels of flush for light or heavy loads.
- Do not use your toilet as a trash can.
- Check your faucets and toilets for leaks.